The stainless steel parts and bell for 4489
Photographed at the NRM Shildon on 11 December 2012. These will help to transform the garter blue 60010 Dominion of Canada back into the LNER 'Coronation' livery. Built at Doncaster in May 1937 as "Woodcock", but only for 2 weeks, being renamed and repainted in June along with the other 'Coronation' A4s. The works no. was 1854. The bell was removed when the double chimney was fitted in November 1957, but will be put back in front of the single chimney as part of the current restoration. See also picture #15800
and picture #15801
for the progress of the restoration as it was at the date this picture was taken.
Picture added on 16 December 2012 at 09:56